Be part of the winning Leidos team and use your valued experience to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer located at Camp Buehring, Kuwait.
- Provides expertise to INSCOM and Intelligence Community worldwide sites on the electrical engineering aspects of the installation, modification, operation and maintenance of facilities, mission systems, and support systems.
- Provide building and facilities condition assessments for both electrical and mechanical systems including: Electrical Service and distribution systems (typically 480 Volt and below), Lighting, Receptacle and internal power distribution.
- Develop and implement various engineering plans for medium and low voltage systems to include developing specifications, cost estimates and designs for operations, maintenance and support requirement to maintain various facilities.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring repair and maintenance projects in support of customer operations, maintenance.
- Perform Electrical engineering power systems analysis calculations including, load calculation coordination, short circuit and arc flash.
- Must Specializes in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD).
- Designs and provides guidance in the installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems and supported sites.
- Provides guidance for the mitigation of electromagnetic interference from and carried by electrical and power distribution systems.
- Reviews design specifications for facilities, and mission and support systems to verify technical correctness and compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Prepares designs, specifications and procedures for the installation, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Ensures the proper installation and operation of UPS for Information Technology (IT) and communications equipment at supported sites.
- Performs quality assurance of electrical construction at supported sites, ensuring the quality of workmanship and compliance with technical, construction and safety standards.
- Provides engineering input to the preparation of technical publications including INSCOM regulations and pamphlets.
- Immediately deployable to worldwide locations, in potentially hazardous work environments, to perform QRC/ technical support to US forces.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university with 8 plus year’s diversified engineering experience in medium or low voltage power electrical equipment’s, integration and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of medium or low voltage 50/60 Hz single and multiple phase wiring.
- Electrical Engineering experience with an architecture and/or engineering consulting firm.
- Electrical contracting and construction management.
- Supervision of plant operations, maintenance and repair of physical plant systems and equipment including campus type power generation and distribution systems.
- Experience in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD).
- Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of power generation/distribution/grounding systems.
- Experience with uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) for ADP and communications equipment.
- Ability to perform critical engineering reviews of Military Construction (MILCON) project data submissions, physical security requirements, and re-mediation programs.
- Skill in master planning for long range facility management and information management.
- Knowledge of and experience in power and grounding principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Compatibility principles and how they apply to the installation and operation of ISR and support systems.
- Professional registration is desirable but not mandatory.
- Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.