Job Requisition:Senior Linux Systems Administrator
The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Administrator to work in our San Diego, Ca office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience providing advanced computing solutions in a heterogeneous environment. We use a wide array of Windows and Linux systems in a tightly integrated environment with a focus on security and high performance computing. This position is Linux oriented but will require some Windows skills. If you want to work in a diverse environment that allows you to get into every aspect of building, maintaining and eventually designing complex computing systems this is a great opportunity!
• Configuration, setup and maintenance of numerous air-gapped networks
• Manage daily break/fix scenarios, updates, backups, monitoring and user requests
• Secure and maintain Linux servers and client systems according to STIGs
• Create and maintain SOPs and train junior staff
• Patch management
• Hardware troubleshooting (COTS PC, printer, networks, encryptors)
• Monitor ticket queue to ensure tasks are addressed in a timely manner according to priority
• Strong desire to adhere to best practices and provide the highest quality of service and support
• Monitor and maintain system performance, recommend changes and upgrades
• Bachelor's degree (or additional experience) and 4-8+ years of experience in Linux administration
• Strong working knowledge of RedHat Linux subsystems – SSS/LDAP/Kerberos against AD, NFS, SELinux, IP Tables, MD devices, LUKS, PAM, GRUB, process management and performance tuning
• Must have a demonstrated high level understanding of RAID systems and server hardware
• Understanding of application and OS security, virus scanning, and patching in an RMF environment
• Must have a demonstrated high level of skill resolving operational issues as a result of high STIG compliance
• Must be able to demonstrate advanced Bash scripting skill
• Must have an active Secret clearance with the last investigation completed within 6 years
• Excellent customer service skills and clear communications both written and oral
• Self-starter capable of working through daily tasks with minimal supervision
• Windows Server
• HPC / Lustre experience
• Advanced Linux Certifications
• Advanced programming skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.