Job Requisition:ServiceNow Configuration Management Engineer (Master) - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The ServiceNow Configuration Management Engineer supports an Agile SAFe framework in a DevSecOps environment. This positions supports the asset and configuration management process and will lead daily configuration management activities including the identification, analysis and control of hardware/software configuration changes, and the validation of CI data integrity.
- Validates, reports and audits information within the configuration management database.
- Partners with Service Delivery and Application Support teams to drive smooth governance around configuration items.
- Monitors health, usage, and overall compliance of the CMDB.
- Gather and prioritize customer requirements, and develop and implement products to meet the requirements
- Configure the ServiceNow solution to meet identified business requirements, process guides and functional requirements.
- Ensure that ServiceNow standard best practices are utilized for all configurations and customizations
- Design and develop integrations of other in-house applications with ServiceNow.
- Develop complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document highly complex programs.
- Identify requirement gaps to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution build and provide configuration options to meet specific requirements identifying respective pros and cons for each option.
- Provide insight and expertise into the ServiceNow configuration based on previous work experiences and education.
- Document the technical requirements/as-built documentation.
- Analyze system log files and recommend changes and enhancements to applications and system configurations.
- Prepare time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
- Develop, publish, and maintain statistical, management and custom reports.
- Knowledge and experience working with ServiceNow Security features, administering Users, Roles, Groups, ACLs.
- Knowledge of CMDB, Business Services Map & Knowledge of ServiceNow UI tools Service Portal, CMS.
- Extensive experience working with ServiceNow and the ServiceNow platform administration, workflow and web services.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of applications and infrastructure component.
- Requires ServiceNow development experience including managing ServiceNow Helsinki version or above.
- Effective communication with customers, system administrators, team members and management and use sound judgment when considering enterprise impacts of technical decisions.
- Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, management and customers in geographically dispersed locations and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Experience with database design schemas and data modelling.
- Previous experience of working in a Scrum environment.
- Experience working with Jelly scripting, Glide API, Java scripting and working knowledge of various JS frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS etc.
- In-depth configuration and development knowledge across all core ServiceNow modules – IM, PM, CM, KM, CMDB, Discovery, Catalog, Portal, SLA, and Integration with other systems.
- Candidate must have BS with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management4000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.