Job Requisition:Task Order Manager
The Leidos NISC III program is looking for an experienced manager to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical projects from new development to sustainment. The candidate must have hands-on experience architecting and overseeing large and complex projects while ensuring a quality outcome and setting customer expectations.
This position will require the candidate to be responsible for ensuring that customer needs are satisfied through managing and coordinating specific deliverables, the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements. The ideal candidate will be instrumental in overall planning and selling of services including identifying customer needs, creating performance work statements, identifying risks and estimating schedule and cost. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection, promotion, hiring, releasing, training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. The candidate will require ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures. The candidate will manage a large team of experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
in their assignments.
- Experience providing guidance and direction for multiple IT and non-IT projects simultaneously. Experience handling a team of 10+ people composed of project coordinators, developers, business analysts, testers, technical writers and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities including: ability to lead evaluation of scope, resources, risk, dependencies, communications, and technical path forward on project.
- Demonstrated experience orchestrating, developing and sustaining IT solutions in large and complex application environments.
- Experience in managing the full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using waterfall, Agile or a combination of both.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Agile methodology including Scrum and Kanban.
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Proven leadership skills, independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Experience with hiring, on-boarding, off-boarding, promoting, motivating and handling performance of the team.
- Experience with creating and developing IDIQ Task Orders, developing work proposals and related project deliverables. Understanding of Critical Path Methodology (CPM) and Earned Value Management (EVM) principles.
- Experience with monitoring task orders financials, products/deliverables, staffing levels and with enforcing performance work statement.
- Able to successfully handle customers’ expectations. Demonstrated customer-facing stance.
- Experience with conducting research on specified topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 10+ years of professional experience or a Master’s degree in 8+ years of prior professional experience. 6+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineer, Computer Engineer, Software Engineer, Information Technology, MBA or related area.
- Previous experienced as backend developer for IT applications with complex business rules.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Understanding of load balancing architecture.
- Experience with .NET C# Model View Controller (MVC) applications, GIT, web services oriented architectures, MS SQL and Microsoft SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Experienced with implementing and using configuration management for multi-environment IT applications.
- Experience using SharePoint, JIRA and Microsoft Project.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.