The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Research Associate I to support the Biomedical Systems Engineering and Evaluation Department at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX. NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Develop administrative tasks, including IACUC and IRB protocols, proposals, manuscripts, report and presentation editing and review.
- Collaborate with Research Engineers in planning, ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies related to research under contract.
- Perform market research for equipment and equipment maintenance services requirements related to research under contract.
- Ensure IACUC, IRB and/or safety requirements are followed.
- Plan and track research experiment schedules, routing of documents and project budgets.
- Utilize data to develop and prepare proposals, reports, presentations and written published articles.
- Provide data summaries at team meetings
- Maintain and organize laboratory spaces, laboratory notebooks and electronic data.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US university, or international university of equivalent standard, in a scientific or engineering field and have at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Ability to schedule and track all aspects of research, development, test and evaluation projects in collaboration with the Principal Investigator and engineering colleagues.
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of research, development, test and evaluation studies, including regulatory requirements, maintenance of study records and all activities associated with internal and external audits.
Must have good teamwork skills, be open to new challenges, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with senior technical staff to follow directions and provide feedback
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.