The Antarctica Support Contract (ASC) is seeking candidate for the position of Director, Mission Assurance. The selected candidate will lead an integrated team of professionals in Environmental, Safety and Health, Emergency and Medical Services, Quality, Performance Assurance, and Risk Management. This position will serve as a critical element of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and independently report directly to the ASC Project Director.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as a member of the SLT, and chairs the enterprise safety council
- Maintains the highest level of commitment to safety, quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics
- Champions continuous improvements to the project’s overarching safety culture, driving rigor and accountability into the implementation of our integrated safety management system
- Leverages comprehensive metrics, independent assessments, customer and employee feedback to assess program performance and risks, and determines resources required to ensure mission success and to provide independent perspective on safety culture, as well as contract compliance and performance
- Provides analysis of alternatives for enhanced project safety, quality and performance assurance
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of the Mission Assurance team’s work scope; develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards
- Develops leadership, talent and diversity strategies across the areas of responsibility, integrating into enterprise plans
- Influence and impact strategy for the program in the area of Mission Assurance; champion and lead innovative change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline preferred, or equivalent experience in one of the key mission areas, such as: Environmental, Safety and Health, Emergency and Medical Services, Quality, Performance Assurance, or Risk Management
- 15+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of direct experience managing individual contributors and subordinate managers
- 5+ years of experience leading and participating in cross-functional teams
- Experience with technical and project management
- Advanced degree in Engineering or STEM discipline and/or relevant certifications
- 5+ years of experience in Integrated Safety Management Systems (ISMS)
- Prior experience working technical services with a federal customer in a highly regulated environment
- Relevant knowledge of Quality Management and Performance Assurance
- Familiarity with relevant standards (ISO, OSHA, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the program / product lifecycle in one or more of the following in the areas: design, supply chain management, receiving operations, production control, product test & evaluation, reliability, root cause analysis, and/or shipping and product support
- Competent in risk management practices
- Demonstrated success leading broad organizations within cost and schedule
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) certification to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.