Job Requisition:Content Writer/Editor
The Content Writer / Editor will be responsible for writing, researching, and editing a range of products that communicate the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Air Traffic Organization’s (ATO) Management Service (AJG) group to external and internal audiences, to include the press, FAA management, and FAA employees. Help develop and produce a comprehensive range of communications products to proactively communicate ongoing and breaking issues, as well as to execute a regular schedule of high-quality publications. The position will be located in Washington, DC.
- Draft articles conducive to AJG, ATO, and FAA Office of Communication (AOC) standards. Coordinate the articles from various AJG levels of management and from AOC.
- Create and edit articles for the ATO Minute and the AJG Connection Newsletters, which are the targeted publications. The ATO Minute requires three articles bi-monthly to be published by AOC. The AJG Connection requires quarterly publication and is web based.
- Write and edit additional types of communication and documentation in accordance with FAA Correspondence Manual. This service may include, but not limited to, reports, briefings, and memorandums.
- Drafts and/or edits a range of written products for internal and external audiences, to include articles, memos, talking points, research summaries, letters and video scripts and social media for distribution across a range of communications channels such as email, internet, print, video and social media.
- Compiles, condenses and fact-checks research into easily-digestible formats for FAA managers.
- Provides copyediting and/or proofreading services in accordance with FAA Correspondence Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public policy, English or journalism preferred plus 8+ years of experience.
- Strong writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills a must; familiar with implementation of AP Style.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills; self-starter with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Full competencies in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong passion for the FAA mission, committed to making a difference through exceptional communications on behalf of the ATO.
- Possesses the drive to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant news affecting this industry.
Technical skill in graphic design software, and digital content production a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.