Job Requisition:Health Group Strategy and Business Development Operations VP
The Leidos Health Group Strategy and Business Development Operations VP is responsible for the strategic planning and operations activities driving Leidos pursuit of Health-related work leading to increased market/revenue growth for Leidos. This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President (SVP) of Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) for Health.
Key areas of focus include (but not limited to):
- Business Operations
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Lead and manage the Group BD Operations staff to include: BD Operations Lead, BD Operations Analyst, BD Finance, and as required the rotational BDLP assigned personnel in support of all Health BD&S activities
- Develop and maintain strong partner relationships with the Health Operations line and BD&S VPs and their Staff.
- Lead the Health Group Strategy development process and activities aligned with the overall corporate strategic plan and planning process that informs and integrates with the corporate strategy and establishes the foundation of success to meet or exceed the overall Corporate and Group business goals.
- In collaboration with Health Line Operation staff and BD&S VPs, lead and collaborate with internal market analysists and external market research firms to acquire and develop supporting analysis for strategy development.
- Identify capability and technology gaps and opportunities - coordinate and leverage centrally funded technology development across Leidos, adjacent program capabilities, industry partnerships, IP, and customer relationships to maximize and support an integrated Group and cross company strategy.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of changes in the market and customer environment and provide timely recommendations to capitalize on opportunities or mitigation of potential impacts to the Leidos Health strategy.
- Support all Organic (New Business & OCG) planning and opportunity development activities as well as inorganic activities (M&A Council), divestures, geographic expansions, partnerships, Joint Ventures, facilitating the strategic growth of the Health Group and its strategy.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices as required.
Business Development Operations:
- Lead/Support the Health Group & Corporate Business development business rhythms with Group BD Operations staff and in coordination with BD&S VPs that includes: Group Monthly Pipeline reviews, Closest to the Pin BD Metric Assessments (Awards, Submits, NBF), Coordination of Group and Corporate Gate Reviews, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) development. Lead the improvement of PWin metrics through participation and support to key capture Win Plan milestones and reviews to include Strategy Reviews, Pricing Reviews, Color Reviews, etc.
- Oversee (with BD&S Group staff and BD&S VPs) regular reporting that includes: Pipeline metrics, Win/Loss records, Awards/Submits, Marketing, Bid & Proposal and overhead expenditure tracking, etc.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of data in the CRM Tool to ensure that BD Operations team is maximizing the use of the tool within Operations such as development of dashboards, reports, etc. Ensure Accuracy of the data by ensuring exceptions are resolved quickly.
- Manage overhead costs and rates by supporting the development of New Business Funds and Overhead budgets by ledger with Ops BD&S VPs. As necessary reconcile issues with finance. Provide mentoring and guidance to Ops BD&S VPs and Capture Managers on effective use of budgets when required.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of Business Development / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related experience, including 10 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Capture and pipeline management at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Health Community
- Experience with Health Community budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Strong Oral and Written skills with an ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development3000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.