Leidos currently has an opening for an Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX to support the VA Cyber Security group at the AITC. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services provided/housed in a data center. The focus of this position will be providing budgetary and financial support across the organization. The successful candidate will be able to work with various funding sources, contribute to the technical writing of Performance Work Statements and Statement of Work documents, and interface with different acquisition groups, as well as other duties.
This position will be supporting the VA Cyber Security Team at the AITC. A successful candidate will have experience with:
- Facilitate and schedule appointments, coordinate meetings and reserve conference space for personnel as well as performing meeting set-up and other coordination activities.
- Prepare interoffice correspondence and maintain administrative filing system.
- Prepare and maintain operating and desk procedures, methods, standards, policy memorandum and techniques concerning administrative procedures.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing e-mails corresponding with the IOSS contract; includes taking action on each message and organizing priority of correspondence.
- Prepare, edit and/or conduct reviews for recurring and one-time reports, suspense items, date sensitive actions and correspondence.
- Ensure final documents are routed or mailed to the designated source(s) after receipt of all required concurrence/approvals.
- Handle domestic travel arrangements for staff who require business travel.
- Scribe Service Line Manager meetings
- Assist with service line onboarding
- View and manage Service Line Manager calendar
- Proof read Service Line Manager documents
- Assist with Service Line presentations
- Manage Service Line staff email distribution lists
- Superior in Administrative Support.
- Competent with process improvement techniques and principles.
- Strong critical thinking, and gap analysis abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills - brainstorms with other staff members for resolutions.
- Superior human interaction skills with the ability to meet and deal effectively with individuals of all levels inside and outside of the workplace..
- Superior planning, scheduling and coordinating skills working with management to create a smooth workflow and timely deliverables.
- Excellent special projects administrator skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
AA or 2-year Business School
Minimum of 8 years of related work experience
4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
Experience using Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, etc.
Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
Must be a US citizen
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.