Job Requisition:ServiceNow Software Development Lead
The ESA IV program provides IT applications and infrastructure services to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and other Department of Justice (DOJ) components. The program provides a wide range of IT services, including IT Service Management (ITSM) support, service desk, software application support, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing. The program utilizes ServiceNow to provide IT Service Management (ITSM) services and is seeking a talented software development lead to drive the delivery of high quality solutions to our customer. This individual will lead our team of developers in tailoring capabilities to meet customer needs and meet ongoing program requirements for the operations, maintenance and enhancement of the ITSM platform.
- Lead the team in developing successful, technically sound projects on schedule and on budget, while reducing the cycle time for project delivery
- Develop and manage team schedule and status, and manage and coordinate task assignments and priorities across the team
- Lead the team in developing and delivering enhanced capabilities and services in innovative new ways which improve customer service delivery quality and satisfaction;
- Review, monitor and guide team work products to ensure high quality implementations which meet requirements
- Lead team activities and meetings, including those which are part of the Agile process such as scrum meetings
- Provide status of team activities to management and customers as needed
- Meet with customers to provide demos and discuss existing and potential new capabilities
- Mentor and develop team members
Education and Experience: Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 12 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong Team Leadership Experience, including leadership of 8-10 person teams or projects
- Strong Customer Interface Experience
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Software Development background
- ServiceNow development and implementation experience
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
- Agile certifications such as Scrum Master and experience leading Agile efforts
- Experience supporting customers in a dynamic IT operations environment
- Cloud development experience
- Systems Engineering, Business Analysis and/or Requirements/User Story Generation experience
- Software Testing experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- Current DOJ Public Trust Clearance
Job Location: This position can be virtual and have the option to be based at the Leidos location at the CNN Building Site, 820 First Street NE, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20002. This does require the ability to travel as needed to the Washington DC area to meet with customers and team members.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.