Leidos Intelligence currently has a need for a Junior Library Support Analyst in McLean, VA to provide expertise in support of an Intelligence Community customer
• Develop methodologies to in capturing required information from geospatial products in a web-based database
• Develop standard operating procedures in collaboration with customer decision makers
• Develop efficient processes in management of library facility and make recommendations to the government
• Make recommendations on how to enhance existing methodologies and procedures
• Extract pertinent information and features from various materials needed to write concise descriptions of various geospatial products Write concise descriptions of Geospatial products.
• Translate non-English products using on-line translators and translation services
• Serve as support for functions including managing the Interlibrary loan service, geospatial catalog reference desk, geospatial repository management projects, and managing collection efforts of serials materials
• Catalog digital products in various formats (pdf; jpeg; tiff; gif)
• Extract pertinent information and features from various materials needed to write concise descriptions of various geospatial products
• Provide customer support in capturing required information from geospatial products in a web-based database
• Provide support in an automated office environment
• Update, weed, and maintain collections of various kinds
• BA or BS degree and 2 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu/combined with education
• TS/SCI with polygraph
• Experience in document management and library support tasks
• Experience in cataloging and document management work
• Experience in both copy and original cataloging with a variety of formats (books, CDs, DVDs, serials, etc.)
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Able to work in an automated office environment
• Able to work in the customer environment as a strong team player
• Experience with ILL
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.