Job Requisition:Program Analyst (Runway Safety) **VIRTUAL**
The NISC III contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
In this role you will support the review of individual Runway Excursion, Runway Incursion, and Surface Incidents reports from FY 2016 – 2019.
Review of events will include summary of incident, contributing factors, and safety barriers that were present.
Reviews will be input into a computer based worksheet.
Identified geographical location of the event, once identified, will then be transferred to an internet based map diagram.
Working as part of a team of six, you will ensure the deliverable is accurately completed for all Runway Excursion, Runway Incursion, and Surface Incident reports from FY2016 – 2019.
The project must have a 98% accuracy of event summaries, delivered and accepted by the FAA, without revision.
Report daily their progress to the Senior Program Analyst and participate in bi-weekly Telecoms review discussions with the customer and team members.
Any abnormalities, identified from merging reports of the reported events will be highlighted for further review by AJI-14, FAA Runway Safety Group.
This is a Virtual position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This requisition is expected to last for 90 days. It has the possibility of going longer at the customer's discretion.
- Review safety events, from multiple source available, to identify their geographic location using internet based mapping.
- Assessment will be conducted to determine the events contributing factors and any safety barriers that were present.
- Assessed safety events will include Runway Excursion, Runway Incursion, and Surface Incidents reports.
- Interpolate recorded information, from various sources, to formulate an accurate assessment of the events.
- Work as a unison team member will be critical to the success of the deliverable.
- Interface with ATC field facilities, Service Center, and Headquarters, as necessary, to collect vital information and provide reports of progress and problems to their Runway Safety Program Analyst (Senior).
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Usually requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience can be used to off-set the lack of a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- 6 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in a Terminal or Enroute facility or 6 plus years previous experience in Airport Operations or 6 plus years previous experience in Flight Operations or 6 plus years previous experience as a Commercial or private pilot.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work, manage and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Must be able to conduct research, evaluations, studies, and present recommendations/solutions related to short and long-term program planning requirements
- Must be able to lead program team meetings and participate in national and regional telecoms.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Previous experience at an Air Traffic Control facility, experience as a Commercial Pilot, FAA management and/or Staff experience in Procedures, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Airport or Flight Operations Management experience,
- Knowledge of CEDAR desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.