Job Requisition:Engineering Planner
The Engineering Planner will provide support to the FAA’s APM-200, Real Estate Program as part of the Leidos NISC III program.
Support shall consist of serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), and execution support on various initiatives of the Real Estate Program to the Program Office.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Assist with the execution of the program initiatives.
- Travel to take part in site activities.
- Coordinate between FAA field personnel, contractors and vendors.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Normally requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience can be substituted for a degree at the Hiring Manager's discretion.
- At least 4 years of FAA experience, either as a Federal Employee or a contractor supporting the FAA
- Complete knowledge of National Airspace System Maintenance (NAS)
- Familiarity with System Support Center and Service Area field operations and protocols
- Familiarity with various FAA program offices, First and Second level Engineering Groups and Air Traffic and Technical Operations Directorates
- Experience/knowledge supporting the FAA and the Real Estate program with the following operations
- Staffing, facilities and procedures
- Safety/EOSH inspections for FAA facilities
- Land Surveys of Leases
- Experience supporting Facility Management Operations within the FAA
- Ability to research, study and offer analysis in support of the Real Estate Program initiatives
- Ability to gather data, organize it and offer summarized analysis
- Ability to develop project and implementation plans, establish schedules and manage projects independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to manage sub-contractors
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or Construction Management/Administration
- Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)
- Experience in conducting effective technical presentations to management and tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.