Job Requisition:Research Scientist
Leidos is currently looking for a Research Scientist in Kirtland Air Force Base.
Provide engineering subject matter expertise in remote sensing for characterization of counter-WMD and improvised threat-related test events. Plan weapons effects phenomenology and scaling effects for chemical and explosive testing on mid, large and full scale test plans and methodologies. Review technical activities including data collection, analysis, and provide a report supporting this testing. Assess new analytical instrumentation and technology including standoff detection and point sampling technologies. Provide analytical knowledge in collecting, detecting, and identifying chemical, biological or radiological components from air and other substrates to assist in collateral effects assessments. Subject matter expertise shall include Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Radioanalysis and familiarity with LIDAR, hyperspectral imaging, and other electro-optical characterization tools and techniques. Provide expertise in change characterization techniques, such as coherent change detection and interferometry from electro-optical or synthetic aperture RADAR systems. Develop test plans and methodologies to meet measurement objectives to support testing and provide post-test assessments to determine diagnostics and system performance, and how well diagnostics met test objectives.
- Coordinating with government customers on a routine basis to plan future tests and review test and program results
- Researching new test equipment, sensors and procedures to enhance future testing
- Planning, execution and integration of chemical-related tests into government test plans
- Interpreting test results
- Communicating of test results in both oral and written formats.
- Providing technical oversight and guidance to a test team.
- Requires BS degree in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or related field and 12 – 15 years of experience or related field or Masters in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or related field with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Three years of test experience with knowledge of government test procedures
- Demonstrated ability to lead a test team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment.
- Top Secret/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) level clearance
- Project Management Professional
- PhD (Ph.D. or D.Sc.) degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, Physics, Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of Countering WMD chemical threats or CBRN threats
- Experience in modeling and simulation of Countering WMD/CBRN threats
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.