Job Requisition:Senior Program Manager
The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Program Manager to work at our Columbia, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Program Manager shall be responsible for the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract. Serves as the main point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Government Program Manager, and the Contractor’s senior management. Directly contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract. The PM shall utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Allocate resources (staffing, facilities, and budgets) on the contract
- Review and approve all earned value, Estimate To Complete, Funds and Man-hour Expenditure Report, or other financial reports as appropriate
- Review and allocate management reserve within contractual limits
- Ensure cross-discipline integration within the contract to meet Government needs
- Work with the higher level program manager, if applicable, to provide effective and efficient management of the contractor's effort
- Review and propose the Integrated Program Baseline (or resource loaded schedule) to the Government
- Review risk and risk mitigation activities and allocate budgets for the same
- Prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews to be presented to the Government PM
- Ensure the timely recruitment and training of program staff - both direct and indirect
- Review all financial and technical reports before release to the Government
- Communicate issues and solutions to the Government PM in a timely and transparent manner
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and administrative requirements imposed by the contract in coordination with the Contractor's contracts staff
- Assist the Government PM by providing input to statutory acquisition reports and responses to Congressional Questions for the Record (QFRs)
- Coordinate the preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and value engineering proposals to the Government PM
- Provide Contractor input to the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan reviews or Award Fee reviews, as appropriate
- Communicate issues and solutions to the broader Government management structure as requested by senior Government leaders
- All tasks of the Level 2 PM not performed at Level 2 due to the size and/or complexity of the contract
- Provide guidance and direct tasking for Level 0, 1, and 2 program managers if any are assigned to the contract/program
- Rapidly assemble and execute focused cross-disciplinary Government/Contractor teams to address urgent or unexpected cost, schedule, or technical program/contract issues
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Direct experience in managing multi-task contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity, as well as experience in leading a multi-vendor environment is required.
- Seven 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Shall be knowledgeable of the guidelines provided by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DoD 5000 series, and ICD 801 policies.
- Must have demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
- Must have at least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms such as Earned Value Management.
- Must have a PMP, FAC-P/PM Senior Level, or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA)Level 3 certification in Program Management.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.