Job Requisition:Systems Administrator - TS/SCI w/ Poly
A Systems Administrator is needed to provide storage operations and maintenance (O&M) support for SAN and cloud-based environments.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot SAN (including E-Series systems) platform issues and perform other system support tasks such as monitoring, log management, tier 2 incident and problem escalation support, performance monitoring, and hardware replacement
- Provide dedicated support for troubleshooting of Storage and SAN platform issues and users questions; work with users to resolve tickets
- Schedule, plan, and implement system upgrades for multiple environments
- Support patch and maintenance of infrastructure systems to be compliant with security scans
- Work with engineering to improve the supportability of the domains and maintain the application delivery systems
- Provide direct support to other Server infrastructure teams and cross train to alleviate single points of failure and meet ongoing responsibilities
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate; identify efficiency opportunities
- Interpret and implement system standards, processes, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and to serve as reference material for other teams.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with designing, building, and deploying complex storage systems involving SAN
- Knowledge of and experience with application delivery solutions
- Experience supporting a medium sized (~500) user environment
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with VMware Horizon View. Experience with LANDesk. Experience with user and server certificates. Experience maintaining system security plans. Ability to lead technical teams to success
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.