Job Requisition:HR Business Partner
Leidos has an opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support a portfolio of programs nationwide. Location is very flexible, but can be based out of Reston, VA. The HRBP will be responsible for partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business objectives and the resolution of HR issues in support of Leidos’ Federal Energy, Environment & Commerce (FEEC) Operation in the Civil Group. The HRBP will work with a team of talented HR professionals to ensure success towards the operational and growth goals of this exciting, fast-paced and diverse business.
- The HRBP will be the HR Lead to a division within the FEEC Operation, and will coordinate and lead workforce planning, talent management and development, employee engagement activities, and will contribute directly to business strategy and performance execution.
- The HRBP will also participate in initiatives, work groups, panels, and other activities across the corporation. Serve as a liaison between management and the Human Resources Centers of Excellence to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, as well as adhere to company policies and mitigate risk.
- The HRBP will assist in growing the business by helping with new business and proposal initiatives, support and consult with leadership on total compensation strategy and initiatives, and partner with Workplace Relations (WR) to investigate and resolve employee relations issues and diagnose and resolve trends and systemic issues.
- The HRBP will provide strategic partnership and integration to help managers make informed overarching decisions in the areas of workforce planning, talent management investments, improving productivity, impacting retention, focusing development priorities, and strategic deployment of Leidos employees.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Experience applying laws, rules, regulations, and policies to provide HR Advisory support to leaders and employees.
- Experience implementing employee engagement and retention strategies.
- Broad HR expertise to include talent management, performance management, employee relations, and compensation with strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen with an ability to diagnose and support data-driven decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor and strong consultative skills
- Demonstrated experience with coaching, influencing, and building effective relationships to influence decisions
- A team-player with a willingness to be hands-on with tactical duties and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience using HR metrics to drive business results
- Experience providing HR support to federal government contractors.
- Experience supporting proposals and acquisitions
- Experience with Workday desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner3000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.