The Government Health and Safety Operation is seeking a Technical Product Lead to support a program for the FDA in Baltimore/Rockville, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Technical Product Lead position include but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate with various FDA business owners in understanding the business needs and communicating to a wide range of stakeholders
- Work with other product leads, architects and teams to collaboratively identify dependencies, develop plans and mitigate risks
- Develop and recommend technical strategies and future roadmaps that lay the foundation for the current and next 5 years and brief to the customer
- Resolve operational issues and ensure plans in place to prevent future issues including leading lessons learned and root cause analysis
- Lead, support and communicate updates for deployment activities which may require evening or late night hours to ensure a smooth deployment to production
- Lead cross program initiatives to perform impact analysis, roadmap development, design approaches and implemented solutions
- Coordinate with architects, business analysts, developers, DBAs and testers from other product teams to drive implementation of program level initiatives
- Ability to think critically and strategically to identify, evaluate and demonstrate solutions to complex system problems
- Manage risks, impediments and issues; escalate to management and customer as necessary;
- Actively lead the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle
- Actively engage/lead in process improvement initiatives
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 years or more of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Proven experience working in large, complex projects and integrated product teams
- Experience leading program wide initiatives like scalability, DevOps, etc.,
- Working knowledge with workflow analysis and process modeling
- Good understanding of FDA Import systems and regulatory processes
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle
- Proven experience with EPLC
- Hands on experience with team leadership and execution
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Demonstrated good understanding of engineering fields
- Demonstrated understanding of gathering and documenting legacy requirements and leading a transition to a new architecture with no loss of data, performance, or customer confidence
- Lead technical customer discussions to engage key stakeholders, close on requirements, solicit ideas for consideration for future improvements, and ensure the FDA mission is being met with new solutions
- Provide estimates for workload based on high level requirements in story points and/or labor hours
- Provide interview support for staffing new personnel with recommendations on required skills needed
- Provide team leadership and coaching/mentoring to junior team members
- Drive process improvements across the product team based on architecture recommendations and process initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communications with team members, customers, and senior executives to instill confidence in recommendations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
Experience with JIRA, HP ALM, Powerpoint, VISIO, Oracle Databases, Weblogic, C# or .NET
Experience leading application development teams using Java, Angular technology stack
FDA domain knowledge
Familiar with a Scaled Agile Framework methodology
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.