Job Requisition:Software Test Engineer
Leidos is seeking Software Test Engineers to join a dynamic team in Bellevue, NE. This position will support the quality review applications for United States Strategic Command. These critical applications support the development, analysis, and maintenance of the nation’s nuclear plan by providing tools for data management, quality review, analysis, damage calculations, analysis, and geospatial visualization.
In this role, you will ensure the highest level of software quality through the use of manual and automated testing. You will be part of a team providing world-class solutions to our customers in a collaborative and inclusive environment that leverages Scrum-based software development methodologies and tools.
- Lead and conduct unit, component, and software integration tests on mission-critical software
- Develop detailed test plans, test data, and define test acceptance criteria
- Track anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes and prepare test report summarizing test results
- Document and communicate test findings with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Stay up-to-date on the latest software and automated testing methodologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4-8 years relevant experience
- Experience with software testing and testing methodologies.
- Experience with scripting (e.g., python, powershell)
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing.
- Experience with automated functional testing and test tools (e.g., cucumber, gherkin, eggplant, TestComplete)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Active DoD security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.