Job Requisition:Senior Software Engineer
Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support operational programs of national security interest in our Bowie, MD office. The candidate is responsible for performing software development including design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for multiple systems and products. Must be a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement new functionality in response to operational needs
- Supports software lifecycle product development from requirements specification through design, implementation, and testing phases
- Develops code in accordance with applicable requirements documentation
- Analyzes software systems, codes, and software modules to resolve issues with software functionality and/or performance
- Supports integration of, and transition to new hardware and software systems, and generate related documentation
**Must have a Secret clearance to start, active Top Secret clearance preferred. Able to upgrade and hold higher level clearances.**
• BS Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical fields and 12 years of experience or Master’s Degree and 10+ years of experience
• Must be a US citizen
• Must have a current Secret security clearance
• Expert knowledge with software languages including Python, C, C++, and Java
• Experience with CENTOS and REDHAWK frameworks
• Experience with NVIDIA GPUs, CUDA Toolkit, Boost C++ Libraries, TCP/IP
• Experience with mongoDB, transport layer protocols, and networking
• Experience working in AWS cloud
• Experience with RF engineering
• Linux Computing Environment such as LINUX+ or RHELSA
• Information Systems Security Engineer
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.