Job Requisition:Senior Business Intelligence Dashboard Developer
Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Business Intelligence Developer role will work to define and develop Business Intelligence solutions and have experience in building a centralized Reporting Environment that enables holistic tracking of the data quality for these reports. Responsible for working with internal and external customers to understand their information needs and rapidly prototype solutions. The candidate must have experience writing SQL, and Oracle queries, leveraging reporting dashboard tools from many source systems. The candidate must possess thorough understanding of data analysis and models.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Leaf, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Designing clear, concise data visualizations via Reports and Dashboard that maximizes audience understanding
- Meets with users to understand their analytic needs and suggests best ways to visualize the data through mockups and white boarding
- Develop and create documentation
- Conducting research analysis of Technology to address the needs
- Designs, prepares, tests, and debugs Microsoft Power BI or Tableau dashboards
- Designs, prepares, tests, and debugs SSRS reports
- Writes and modifies SQL queries and stored procedures for report result sets. Prepares test data and conducts unit testing to ensure compliance to specifications
- Collaborates on the Engineering Team using Agile project management, through daily team standup meetings and bi-weekly sprint planning & review meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 8+ years of progressive experience in Reporting and Dashboard development or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Power BI on-Prem and Cloud (Advanced)
- Tabular and Multidimensional SSAS design and development is a plus
- Data Visualization Best Practices (Advanced)
- Data modeling (Star and Relational)
- Predictive analytics experience is a plus
- Excellent Communication Skills, ability to meet with users to translate loosely defined analytic needs into visualizations
- Building business intelligence solutions in a SQL/Oracle Server environment
- SQL Reporting Services
- Visual Studio
- Rest API query building
- Technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.