***Must have an active Secret Clearance***
Leidos currently has a CBRNE Field Service Technician opening that will support the Security Engineering Program (SEP) program in Washington, DC.
The CBRNE Field Service Technician will serve as the second shift maintenance technician for a multimedia environmental sampling operation charged with installation, maintenance and calibration of vapor and particulate monitoring equipment. The CBRNE Field Service Technician will perform other maintenance related work at various locations within the National Capital Region. Successful candidate will provide technical expertise to diagnose and repair electronic malfunctions, remove, and repair or replace unserviceable equipment. Successful candidate will troubleshoot and test faulty equipment, identify system malfunctions and repair system failures. The Field Technician will perform confidence tests on selected equipment as needed to ensure proper operation, assist with system sampling and identification to determine health of equipment while maintaining communications and assessing operational data.
Shift: Monday-Friday 2pm to 10pm
Location: Washington, DC
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Apply knowledge of operation, capabilities and limitations of equipment and systems.
• Use ingenuity in the application of shop and trade practices to solve operating and repair problems. .
• Analyze daily work reports, identify problems, interpret procedures, and problem solve to positive effect.
• Maintain work records; prepare clear and concise reports.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Learn and observe all appropriate safety precautions as required, including, but not limited to, OSHA General Industry Safety Orders, Respiratory Protection Program, and Safety Directives.
Required Education & Experience:
• High School diploma with 2+ years’ experience
• Must have an active Secret security clearance
• Must be a US citizen
• Candidate must be able to follow written and oral instructions with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Candidate must successfully pass a medical screening exam
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• A valid driver’s license or the ability to meet the transportation requirements of this position.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Prior laboratory experience
• Hands on technical experience in mechanical, electrical, or any of the basic sciences
• Basic networking experience
• Ability to work flexible hours (on call, shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed)
• Past military experience in working with Chemical, Biological and Radiological equipment is a plus
• Basic knowledge of chemistry and chemical processes CBRNE experience (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Explosive) (preferred)
• Emergency Response Background HAZWOPER Certification (preferred)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.