Job Requisition:Desktop Support Manager
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Desktop Support Manager at The Pentagon, National Capital Region.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
The Desktop Support Manager manages the day to day operations of Executive and Desktop support. Providing customer service, Technical expertise and overall management of all Platinum, Gold and Solver Service Level Agreements. In addition, they oversee any customer issues and works with the government leadership or elevates any customer issues to the proper leadership. Ensures all Executive Support and Desktop Support technicians are well versed in ticket management, problem solving and conducts ticket reviews with the government. Serves as the subject matter expert in Desktop Support. This position is at the Pentagon but also requires presence on Joint Base Andrews in Maryland once or twice each week.
- Manages the day to day operations of Executive and Desktop support.
- Providing customer service, Technical expertise and overall management of all Platinum, Gold and Silver Service Level Agreements.
- Oversee any customer issues and works with the Squadron leadership or elevates any customer issues to the proper leadership.
- Lead a team of 60 desktop support technicians in developing new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the project/family.
- Is responsible for hiring, firing, promotions and end of year reports as well as submitting techs for merit bonuses.
- Requires BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret level clearance.
- Currently possess a Security+ CE certification.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders in a faced paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Remedy and building reports for SLA Management.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.