Job Requisition:Junior Software Developer
Leidos is seeking a Jr. Software Developer in New Orleans, LA or Little Rock, AR. The successful candidate will design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
- Work directly with client customers to provide world-class Application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
- Ability to review of software requirements and prepare/review of test plans, prepare/review of test cases, execute tests, reporting of defects, and preparation of test reports using resting methodology.
- Design, code and deliver new applications and application enhancements in multiple platforms (.NET, SQL Server, Visual Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, Powershell)
- Configure, Install, and Implement Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) vendor computer solutions.
- Lead small enhancement projects including application upgrades and COTS installations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree with 1-3 years of experience- 6+ months experience working on a support and development team preferred
- Be able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
- Be able to perform duties without immediate supervision
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess excellent inter-personnel skills
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: Windows and basic Microsoft Office Suite, Java, C++, VB6, .NET, HTML, SQL, Autosys, SFTP, Version control, testing methodologies.- C#.Net Programming; SQL/Oracle Programming, SQL Agent/SQL Jobs; Database Design: SQL triggers, functions, procedures, views; ASP.NET; .NET Windows Services; .NET Web Services; Developing project estimates, requirements documents, and design documents; SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services; Crystal Reports; Visual Studio (all versions); SQL Server Management Studio; SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio; Toad
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.