Job Requisition:Software Developer
This position is for an entry position as a team member of an agile software development feature team for the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program in Eagan, MN. This position will assist with the development of the user interface
framework, server side component framework, SOA interfaces, and/or web service design. Knowledge of Java, J2EE, and internet-based applications is important. This role will support the design, development, and implementation of large,
complex projects. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Participate in a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals as a Scrum Team Member.
- Design, Development, Documentation, Integration, Debugging and Testing. As a Scrum Team Member, you will be working in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum processes, escalation and resolve impediments, and help drive program-level continuous improvement for this high profile Leidos program.
- Work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Systems Engineers, and other agile feature development teams.
- Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
- Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of enhancements to the system.
- Participating fully in the Scrum team activities (Planning, Retrospective, & Review/Demo).
- Resolve critical issues on the operational system when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related engineering discipline, Computer Science, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- Knowledge of full life-cycle software application development.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (Java in particular) and understanding of the J2EE stack.
- Knowledge of high scale media sites and working closely with a creative product team.
- Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
- Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Familiarization with the BEA J2EE product stack (WLS, WLP, WLI).
- Familiarization with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Familiarization with XML Schemas and XML Documents, XML schema creation.
- Familiarization with an agile environment.
- Flight Service domain knowledge.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.