Job Requisition:Java Software Developer- TOP SECRET REQUIRED
The Java Developer will be a member of a leading edge, dynamic technical program - NEWTTON. This program is a small development program in Washington DC with Agile Development and migration to the cloud. This development program is a workflow tool to engage linguists for the Intelligence Community.
The Jr Java Developer will design, assemble, test, document and maintain the software system. They will participate in daily Agile Stand Ups, technical exchange meetings, and release planning discussions. The software application is currently developed on a virtualized development environment and deployed into a datacenter. The system is currently in the process of migrating to Amazon Web Services (AWS). Development, Test, and Production will soon be in AWS.
- Work on System Change Requests
- Provide acceptance criteria for user stories
- Develop fixes for bugs or enhancements
- Document changes in architecture
- Provide Test Plans
- Develop user stories for work to be completed
- Attend Agile ceremonies – sprint planning, stand ups, release planning, demos, and retrospectives
- BS/BA Degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology)
- Cleared at the Top Secret level with the ability to pass a CI polygraph
- Experience with DevOps frameworks and tools
- Experience with cloud-based software development
- Strong communication skills
- Experience developing in AWS
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Experience with the following Software Applications: JBOSS, Maven, Jenkins, SVN, Git, Artifactory, JIRA, Confluence, FishEye, Crucible
- AWS Certification
- SAFe Scaled Agilist Certification
- Experience with Oracle and SOA interfaces to web-based applications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering4000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.