Job Requisition:Operations Director for the HHS/NIH Programs
Leidos is seeking an Operations Director for the HHS/NIH Programs that is based out of our Bethesda MD office.
The NIH/HHS portfolio includes programs that provide varied IT services such as, but not limited to software design and development services and COTS based application development; custom and COTS software maintenance support; public website design, development, integration, and maintenance support services; intranet integration services; enterprise data warehouse development, and workflow application development and training.
IT Operations Director for the HHS/NIH Programs must have a background in successfully collaborating with multiple Federal agencies and with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders. The candidate will provide leadership to invigorate innovation and learning within the division teams. The candidate must be willing to drive smart change to support a collaborative and innovative culture to provide our customers with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals. The candidate will work closely with functional business areas (HR, Contracts, Subcontracts, Business Operations / Finance, Quality Assurance and Program Execution) and be responsible for meeting all business area goals and objectives. The candidate will provide oversight for all day-to-day operations of the program. In doing so, the candidate must be well organized and collaborate with the Division Director, Leidos Program Managers and Technical Leads to ensure the division programs achieve desired outcomes.
The IT Operations Director for the HHS/NIH Programs as a technical strategist /Subject Matter Expert (SME), consultant and implementer, will assist in the day to day management, development, and maintenance of Leidos business performed for programs within the NIH and HHS Division. The IT Operations Director will be responsible for leading efforts to achieve business and operational results that are aligned to the Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation’s Annual Operation Plan (AOP) and future outlook. The ideal candidate will have excellent team management skills, dynamic customer engagement and relationship management abilities. Responsibilities also include:
- Provide backup support to HHS/NIH Division Director, as needed.
- Supervise and manage direct report employees
- Program planning and evaluation
- Strategic planning
- Business development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 12+ years of relevant experience.
- Program management experience running a portfolio of programs within the federal market with a portfolio annual value of $65M or more and annual revenue greater than 10%.
- Knowledge and experience in managing multiple contract types (CPFF, FFP, FPLOE, T&M, etc.)
- Experience managing large large and small scale Federal IT systems and programs
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow all aspects of a business area successfully including customers, people, programs, financials, and new business over multiple years.
- Proven successful track record of achieving on contract growth (OCG) and winning re-competes, takeaways, and new business.
- Experience driving program execution for current and future contracts.
- Demonstrated experience to effectively engage a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization.
- Prior experience of collaboration efforts outside the organization.
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations for win/win results.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Earned Value Management experience
- PMI PMP certified
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience leading large IT development programs that apply an agile software development methodology
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business.
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the HHS/NIH account.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution.
- Experience breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics.
- Existing positive relationships in the HHS/NIH account base.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.