Job Requisition:Senior System Administrator (DCFM)
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has a contingent opening for a Senior System Administrator located in Hines, IL supporting the Data Center Facilities Monitoring (DCFM) program. Opening is upon award.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting database systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications. You must have knowledge and experience in major relational database languages and applications, such as Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. Responsible for database server administration functions supporting a global Active Directory infrastructure in a mixed environment. This role requires a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, operation and maintenance. You must demonstrate the ability to pay keen attention to detail, possess a strong customer service orientation, and have the ability to work as part of a team. You will provide database administration (DBA) support services, to include Tier 2 level expertise, as well as the planning, implementation, and monitoring of patching services for physical and virtual solutions. You will be responsible for, monitoring and maintaining databases. Additionally, you'll be performing requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data. You are responsible for ensuring technical modifications do not adversely affect database integrity, stability and system availability. Implementing solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure. You may also provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Develop strategies and define requirements to provide information needed for updates to processing software.
- Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
- Conduct continuous improvement service support and update knowledge base as required
- Perform activities related to the analysis, design, development, test and maintenance of complex software systems.
- Implement application system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems
- Provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of system issues
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Interact with customer concerning updates to software system.
- Design and implement secure, closed networks for sandboxed development and testing. Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Review project activities with Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Strong background in Windows server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Experience with monitoring environments
- Experience working in data centers
- Knowledge of system security techniques
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users. Git and GitHub proficiency
- Understanding of relational databases
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Red Hat: RHCSA and RHCE
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI): LPIC System Administrator
- CompTIA Server+
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- Service Now Certified System Administrator
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.