Job Requisition:Expert System Architect (DCFM)
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has a contingent opening for a System Architect Expert located in Hines, IL supporting The Data Center Facilities Monitoring program (DCFM). The selected candidate will be responsible for products, services or a combination of products and services that address customer's specific business problems. The responsibilities for this position include requirements definition, enterprise architecture definition, application functional and technical design, external software interface design, integration, test and generation of supporting engineering artifacts.
- Provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of system issues
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of software architecture and workflows.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Oversee progress of product development team to ensure consistency with agreed upon system/software architecture
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Interact with customer concerning updates to software system.
- Review project activities with Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrable abilities to architect enterprise solutions based on micro services based architecture approaches
- Demonstrable ability to utilize containerized deployments of software solutions
- Experience working in data centers
- Knowledge and experience with software architectures and complex systems to support product functional / non-function requirements
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with system API specifications to enable effective system-to-system communications via web technologies
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
- Doctorate in technical domain.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- ITIL v3 certifications
- CISSP Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSIP-ISSAP)
- EC Council Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)
- Red Hat Certified Architect
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.