Job Requisition:Help Desk Lead/PM
The Government health and Safety Solutions Operation has a need for a Help Desk Lead/PM to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues. The Helpdesk Lead and supervisor is a highly visible position that requires a strong mix of communications skills and coordination with compliance to established service level agreements to support application issues and application of preventative measures to avoid any service level breaches.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Technical leadership of projects with skills in coordination, trouble shooting, identification of issues, risks, and schedules
- Management of Tier 3 helpdesk personnel to include ensuring schedule is current (updated monthly) for coverage during business hours of 8AM – 9PM eastern and on call for weekends 24/7
- Communication with internal team members and with external customers to communicate preventative measures, status, updates on risks and schedules
- Lead patching events and activities that require off shift hours over a weekend on a monthly basis
- Advanced experience tailoring and extracting data/metrics with Service Now, and opening/closing incidents in Service Now and/or similar Heldpesk tools
- Management of Incidents and tickets and analysis of tickets to ensure compliance with customer provided service level agreements
- Provide recommendations on new tools or improvements that benefit the FDA and improve user experience and turnaround on Tier 3 tickets
- Direct staff to resolve complex application and IT issues for the FDA
- Implementation of process improvements that benefit the customer and customer experience with respect to service provided by the Tier 3 helpdesk
- Coordination and communication with other contractors for Tier 1 and Tier 2 information sharing
- Special projects as identified and assigned that support O&M improvements for the helpdesk and program
- Provide training materials for new Tier 3 helpdesk personnel including maintenance of a known error repository
- Lead initiatives for automated test improvements coordinated with the program test lead and test automation team
- Respond to ad hoc customer requests in a timely manner (often within 1 business day)
- Minimum Qualifications
BS Degree in IT, CS, or related field of study and 4 years of related It experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to include briefing senior customers
- Ability to clearly articulate key technical concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work well in a team environment spanning multiple locations.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to understand, perform analysis, and create complex metrics for reporting to customer and senior management
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS Excel (Formulas, Macros, VB Scripting)
- Hands-On experience (minimum 3 years) with writing and executing SQL queries
- Hands on experience (minimum 2 years) working in a Software Development environment using an Agile methodology
- - Hands On experience (minimum 5 years) with web-based collaborative platforms and shared resources (such as shared drives, SharePoint)
8 years’ experience managing and leading teams of five or more in a virtual environment
- Hands-On experience (minimum of 3 years) with Help Desk Management tools (Service Now, Remedy, or similar tools)
- FDA Customer experience
- 3 years’ experience with relational databases
- 3 years’ experience working with firewalls, networks from a support perspective (trouble shooting, coordination of patching updates that affect applications)
- Working knowledge of System Architecture platforms, COTS and tools
PMP is desired or on a career path to obtain a PMP certification with supporting experience (Project management, risk management, resource management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.