Job Requisition:Access Engineer
Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opportunity for an Access Engineer to join our CIO Services team. In this role, you will provide overall engineering support for a broad range of programs with a focus in load balancing, remote access, full proxy, and authentication services. You will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.
Ideally, we're looking for someone to support this role from our location in San Diego - CA, but we will also consider telecommute option for the right candidate.
- Collaborate with business units and other Leidos IT engineering teams to design, code, and test robust, scalable access solutions for both on-premises and cloud-based applications
- Develop, troubleshoot, and maintain complex scripts and policies
- Configure, monitor, and maintain a redundant Big-IP Viprion platform with a focus on LTM and APM modules
- Engage vendor support and perform packet captures, web traces and review logs
- Ensure continued compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), NIST 800-171, and other regulations
- Provide tier 3 support and collaborate with other support tiers regularly
- Perform Root Cause Analysis when necessary and document results for senior management
- Bachelor’s degree coupled with 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (both public and private) – AWS, Azure, VMware vSphere
- Knowledge of web application design – HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON, AJAX
- Basic understanding of network and application security principals
- Knowledge of authentication protocols and technologies – SAML, RADIUS, Kerberos, NTLM, PKI, OTP
- Knowledge of remote access protocols and technologies – SSLVPN, TLS, DTLS, IPSec
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Basic knowledge of the Linux environment
- Knowledge operating troubleshooting tools – Fiddler, HTTPWatch, Wireshark, Splunk
- ITIL Change & Configuration Management knowledge
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS)
- Current or former Linux certifications – Linux+, LPIC-2, or equivalent.
- Current or former network certifications – CCNA, F5-CTS or equivalent
- Current or former security certifications – CISSP, CISM, CEH, GIAC or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.