Job Requisition:Security Engineer
Responsibilities both as a team member and individually:
• Secures enterprise Wide Area and Local Area Network Services by defining, determining and interpreting security requirements.
• Develops security architectures and proposals to protect US Federal Government networks.
• Plans and directs the implementation and testing of security systems, blueprints the approach to achieving ATO.
• Prepares security standards, policies, and procedures
• Determines network information security requirements by researching information security standards and evaluating government defined standards, FISMA security controls, industry standards/best practices against mission strategies and requirements
• Conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments and recommending the appropriate architecture/platform;
• Identifying integration issues and addressing proposed solutions; preparing cost estimates.
• Applies SecDevOps best practices and methodologies integrated with DevOps processes.
• Plans security systems operational concept and architecture by evaluating network and security technologies.
• Performing security architecture solution trades, developing requirements for wide area networks (WANs), local area networks (LANs), to include software defined networks (SDN’s) and network function virtualization (NFV), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
• Designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software adhering to industry standards.
• Performs trades, makes recommendations and identifies security platform (SIEM) and tools. Assess a technologies strategic value, functional and performance capabilities (reliability, maintainability, and availability), cost and risk in the context of the mission for network services.
• Defines the operational concept, security process and security architecture in the context of the given mission articulated through drawings and descriptions suitable for high value customer proposals.
• Works with a given government agency to obtain ATO and contributes substantially to resolving customer concerns in meeting ATO deadlines with proven approaches and implementation methodologies that were used in other government agencies as references.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in state of the practice and evolving practices for APT, threat vectors, behavior pattern analytics, system integrity, boundary protection, end-point management, monitoring, metrics and 365-degree situational awareness.
• Transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing deliverable documentation.
• Develops the System Security Plan (SSP), validates the implementation and testing of advanced STIG guidelines. Verifies security systems by assisting security administrators in the development of test scripts.
• Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
• Evolves security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
• Develop and updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Proven design portfolio of state of the practice network security architectures for large networks
• Demonstrated knowledge of SDN/NFV through either a security implementation or through applied study/testing
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of two or more security technology platforms and tools
• Has applied SecDevOps or is working toward evolving SecDevOps for a mission system or enterprise
• Successfully leading a Federal Agency or DoD organization through a security ATO
• 5+ Years working with NIST 800-53 and FISMA High security controls
• Working knowledge of the FAA and FAA security practices and standards • Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification
• CompTIA Security+ certification Public Trust clearance or higher level clearance attained
• Excellent communication and writing skills to work with all levels of an organization
• Published articles and contributions to cybersecurity and threat intelligence Senior Security Architect Skills and Qualifications: Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Configurations
DUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.