Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
This position is supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency GEOINT Protection Division (SISG) at the NGA Campus in Springfield, VA. SISG oversees security administration, management, and oversight enforcement of sensitive programs activities. As a Senior Security Specialist supporting SISG, you are expected to create positive, professional and productive lines of communication with both internal and external customers, in addition to delivering the highest quality technical performance possible. You should be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and clearly understand your customer’s expectations and requirements relative to our contracted mission
Qualifications must demonstrate ability to do the following:
- Monitor and manage Special Access Programs, SCI security programs and provide status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Be capable of developing security training and implementing policies in a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Should be proficient with DoD SAP Security Manuals 5205.07 volumes 1-4, ICD 705 and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Assist, collaborate, and coordinate with other security offices and divisions.
- Develop solutions to complex Special Access Programs and Compartmented Access Programs security issues and convey to internal and external customers.
- Provide agency level technical expertise concerning the identified security disciplines and operations.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintain required records.
- Prepare and disseminate security procedures/guidance, to include Operation Security plans and Classification Guides.
- Manage project and program milestones.
- Update and maintain appropriate records (e.g. database and hardcopy) of security actions.
- Conduct inspections and perform assistance visits, as required.
- Coordinate with members of the DoD, the IC and other officials as required to keep abreast of current information.
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified material.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI, Special Access Program and collateral information.
- Act as liaison between NGA and other federal agencies and contractors.
- Risk management – conduct surveys and render impact statements or recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to internal and external customers.
- Prepares various forms of correspondence both classified and unclassified.
- Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Investigate and prepare impact statements, and provide recommendations on security/security violations.
- Knowledge on handling SCI Controlled Access Programs (CAP’s), Special Access Programs (SAP), Alternative Compensatory Control Measures (ACCM) and other collateral materials IAW applicable Security policies and regulations.
- Conduct briefings and maintain access list for multiple Alternative Compensatory Control Measures (ACCM) programs.
- Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractors visiting other government facilities.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Be able to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Years of Experience: 7-10 years
Education: Bachelors or equivalent experience in a related field
* Must obtain DoD Security Professionals Education Development (SPeD) Certification IAW DoD Manual #3305.13M within 1 year of service start date
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.