The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an Oracle Application Data Modeler/Software Developer open to teleworking for the Mid-Atlantic region. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) mission. In this mission we provide all encompassing IT services to our DoD customer. The project needs data modeler to build web applications using Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle APEX. Will be working in a team environment to research, design, develop, and support a software system which is undergoing significant modernization.
- Work with architects to design databases that meet organizational needs using conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Analyze business and IT requirements for the IT system.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Follow a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques
- Creates and maintains critical data documentation and metadata that allows data to be understood and leveraged as a shared asset
- Performs analysis, development and maintenance of standards and metadata.
- Review data models activities using COTS tools and analyze impacts on the IT system
- Participates in design reviews to ensure data model adherence to data standards
- Develop standards and transition plans to move from current state into new modernized state.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Establishes and monitors data quality initiatives as determined by the program
- Perform across the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from concept development, design, testing, implementation, integration and deployment
- Collaborates in team environment and develop new solutions within a culture that embraces standard processes and delivery of high quality solutions
- Adheres to laws, standards, established guidelines and industry best practices for development and delivery of software applications.
- Active Secret Security Clearance Required
- Bachelors Degree and 4 to 8 years experience
- Proficiency in data modeling techniques using standard tools such as SQL Developer, ERwin etc.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, and maintain data models in a data warehouse environment
- Proficiency in SQL and data analysis
- Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a timely manner
- Proficiency in analyzing data flows
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and troubleshoot applications
- Strong working knowledge with Oracle database
- Working knowledge of the SDLC methodology
- Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to create comprehensive engineering documents
- Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
- Proficiency in Oracle APEX – including customizing Knowledge Modules using PL/SQL, Python, and/or Java
- Security+ certification
- Proficiency with working in Oracle 12c environment, SQL and PL/SQL (packages, stored procedures, triggers). Proficiency in working with Oracle SQL*Developer
- General knowledge of DISA STIGS and how they influence and establish best-practices within the IT environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.