The Integrated Solutions Division is seeking a Software Developer in Aurora, Colorado to support maintenance and development for the CEGS system, a real-time operational SIGINT processor. The system applications are implemented in C++ and Java, with development managed by an established and successful software development team with good customer visibility. The candidate must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum, or ideally an active TS/SCI security clearance with a CI polygraph.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting a software design, development, integration and testing within an existing software process. The candidate will implement software changes to develop new capabilities, enhance existing capabilities, and resolve issues with existing capabilities. The software development environment is based on agile methodologies, so the ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment. Familiarity with continuous integration models, unit test development, and automated regression testing approaches is highly desirable. In addition to working with other SIGINT analysts and software developers, the candidate will interface with project managers, systems engineers, and customers on a regular basis, so good communications skills are a must.
- Develop software in a Linux environment (currently RedHat / CentOS)
- Attend weekly developer meetings to participate in software ticket prioritization and assignment
- Communicate status via software ticket tracking tool (currently Trac)
- Test software using a variety of tools prior to commitment to software baseline
- Utilize software version control (currently Subversion)
- Provide direct customer support via weekly telecons
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years of software development experience using one or more object oriented programming languages such as C++ or Java
- Linux (RedHat / CentOS or equivalent)
- Scripting Python / Perl or similar
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required, as well as the ability to maintain professionalism in a diverse customer environment
- Currently hold an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Database Administration
- PostgreSQL (or equivalent)
- HTTPD and website maintenance
- PKI management and user authentication
- SIGINT processing experience
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) processing
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.