Leidos' Bio-Behavioral Research Group is looking for a full time Clinical Research Associate to support the Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department (VRDD) at the Naval Medical Research Center in Silver Spring, MD *This is position is contingent upon contract being awarded to Leidos*
- Conduct scientific research data collection for projects as assigned by VRDD leadership
- Perform experiments in small animals and non-humane primates
- Review results and data from current and previously conducted research studies
- Conduct laboratory set up for research studies, precise data collection during studies, cleaning up after studies, and processing and analyzing the data afterward.
- Assist with the design and conduct of pre-clinical animal trials to evaluate prophylactic, diagnostic, therapeutic, and surveillance products for infectious diseases of military significance
- Assist with the design and conduct of research projects to develop Clinical Laboratory Improvement Program (CLIP) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) certified laboratory assays to diagnose infectious diseases
- Assist with the design and conduct of research projects to evaluate assays to identify host, pathogen, and vector biomarkers (antigen, antibody, and DNA/RNA) to prevent, reduce, treat, and ameliorate the impact of infectious diseases
- Assist with the design and conduct of research projects to evaluate the efficacy, safety, and utility of novel vaccine candidates to prevent, treat and/or attenuate infectious diseases of military significance
- A Bachelor Degree in related field
- At last 1 year experience in clinical trial position including collecting data in a laboratory setting, operating and maintaining laboratory equipment operation
- Must be a U.S Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.