Leidos Corporate Legal is seeking a dynamic Vice President, Senior Assistant General Counsel of Employment Law. This position requires an attorney experienced in all areas of employment and labor law, including EEO matters (both federal and state), wage/hour issues, immigration, disability issues, OSHA compliance, employee benefits, compensation, arbitration, mediation, and potential union issues. The candidate will report to and work with the Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel responsible for Labor, HR, Benefits, Litigation, Real Estate, Privacy, and EHS. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and work well with all levels of human resources management and staff, while participating in a collegial, team-oriented environment.
Ideally, we’d like this role to be supported from Reston - VA, but we will also consider other Washington, DC area locations (including telecommute) for the right candidate. Travel may occasionally be required.
- Perform complex legal assignments, including gathering and evaluating facts, researching applicable laws, and providing legal advice and recommendations to clients.
- Draft and negotiate complex legal documents; provide work direction and guidance to paralegals and other administrative staff.
- Work with and manage outside counsel on litigation matters.
- Extensive and daily interaction with HR and Management on all aspects of employee relations issues.
- Identify areas of improvement in HR and related risk management processes.
- Juris Doctor and minimum of 10 years of in-depth employment law experience at a major law firm or in-house position within a respected legal department.
- Demonstrated skills in client management and ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and collegiality.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of employment law matters.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently without extensive supervision.
- Hard-working team player with a can do attitude.
- Virginia membership preferred.
- Strong academic background with a Juris Doctorate from a top law school.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.