Leidos is seeking a Software Developer Engineer - JAVA to join an Agile feature development team on the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program.
The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community.
Position is located in Ashburn, VA. Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
Due to contract requirements, the positions requires U.S. Citizenship.
The position requires strong technical skills in order to participate in a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals as a Scrum Team Member.
Excellent communication, team participation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment are needed.
This position also requires software engineering skills in Design, Development, Documentation, Integration, Debugging and Testing.
As a Scrum Team Member, you will be working in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum processes, escalating and resolving impediments, and helping drive program-level continuous improvement for this high profile Leidos program.
You are expected to work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Systems Engineers, and other agile feature development teams.
- Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
- Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of enhancements to the system.
- Leading technical solution development and assisting junior staff.
- Participating fully in the Scrum team activities (Planning, Retrospective, & Review/Demo).
- Resolve critical issues on the operational system when necessary.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree and 0-2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 0-2 years of prior relevant professional experience.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
US Citizenship Requirements
- Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
• Experience working at an organization using SAFe.
• Experience developing software for flight planning systems.
• Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum.
• Experience using the Atlassian tools: JIRA, Crucible, Confluence, Bamboo; Ant; Gradle; Tomcat and VersionOne.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.