The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
The Dev Ops Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, real-time systems, business management information systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring. Works individually or as part of a team.
In addition, the candidate will support other tasks including patching, security and configuration management for multiple applications and systems in the Technology Applications organization.
The candidate may have the opportunity to participate in re-architecting an application analysis workflow while the organization strives to economize storage capabilities.
- Providing support for system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configuring and managing Linux operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures system components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Providing detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers
- Providing support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client HW and SW technologies to include system analyst, engineering, administration and programming. The candidate will perform Software System Engineer analysis and Linux Admin and Application installation in a prototype development at customer site. The candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work with a team as well as independently .
Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
- Linux experience is required
- Tomcat/Apache experience is highly desired
- Experience with ElasticSearch is highly desired
- Experience with MachineShop is a plus
- Familiarity with 2-way SSL certs, applying patches (Tomcat), managing Centos boxes
- Manage the day to day operations of the Apace Tomcat, Apache Webserver, and ElasticSearch engine
- Map IP addresses from public to private. Ensuring that instances are backed up and can be quickly re-instantiated in the event of an underlying hardware failure
- Disk space management
- Documentation of environment
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience would be beneficial
- Experience with configuration management tools
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.