Leidos is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to provide on-site Engineering and IA support to the CG-9334 Program Management Office in the full lifecycle of systems engineering and integration activities associated with the Major Systems Acquisition Manual (MSAM) Acquisition Life Cycle Framework (ALF) and DHS Directive 102-01 (Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC)) All work is onsite in Washington DC. A candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance to be considered for the role.
The system engineer drives product designs and system architecture with key responsibilities in the areas of form, fit and function, performance, integrity, sustainability, interfacing with other systems, performing requirements management including identifying governing security requirements, and overall engineering configuration management and quality assurance and cost from initial concept to production. This role is responsible for conducting a technical risk assessment and abatement/mitigation plan, an engineering assessment and impact analysis of adding additional hardware and software to an existing environment. He/she assists in creating and developing product specifications, proposals, schedules and quotes. Performs analysis as necessary to schedule, integrate, and deploy sophisticated automated systems consistent with specifications provided through project tasks. Responsibilities may include Internet and email connectivity, server installation design and optimization, clustering design, routers, switches, replication and backup, legacy systems integration, and systems schedules and procedures. This role may provide leadership and supervision to less senior technical personnel.
Activities include planning, defining, designing, developing, implementing, operating, and disposing of system, which includes, but is not limited to the following support activities:
• Perform SELC Stage Activities, Stage Reviews, development of supporting reports, artifacts, plans, and entrance & exit criteria
• Measuring and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of system engineering processes
• Integrating technical planning to provide program management with specific guidance and direction on how to execute a requirement-based and structurally managed program
• Development of functional, technical and performance requirements in software development environment
• Provide assistance with requirements decomposition and Management of Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
• Provide support and facilitate requirements IPT meetings and other large groups
• Development and documentation of Functional, Technical, System, Operational, and Performance requirements for the program
• Conduct analysis and submit reports for data migration planning and processes
• Assist and provide recommendations to ensure the system meets Information Assurance requirements
• Identify, analyze, and provide recommendations for Test Observation Reports and other reported system defects
• Perform technical reviews of CG-LIMS proposed engineering change packages
Active DoD Secret clearance
8+ years of Systems Engineering playing a significant role in product design and system architecture
Experience in Unix-based systems, MS, Intel-based systems, web-based architecture and design
BS/BA in CS/Engineering or a related discipline
5+ years of experience as an on-site IT senior systems engineer to support in the full lifecycle of systems engineering and integration activities associated with the Major Systems Acquisition Manual (MSAM) Acquisition Life Cycle Framework (ALF) and DHS Directive 102-01 (Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC)). Activities include planning, defining, designing, developing, implementing, operating, and disposing of system.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.