The successful candidate must be thoroughly familiar with DOD and IC Sensitive Support, Signature Reduction and Security instructions, requirements and supplements for managing Special Security Programs. Interpret Sensitive Support, Signature Reduction and Security policies on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials for designated programs. Provide operational continuity of programs; establish/provide program guidance; track assigned tasks; and monitor program operations as required. Liaises with SES/SIS and Flag Officer members of the DOD, the IC, Federal Agencies and Senior Corporate companies on Sensitive Support, Signature Reduction and Security to ensure the protection of the associate programs, personnel and information. Review and develop internal processes to support programs. Provide Director level technical expertise concerning Sensitive Support, Signature Reduction and Security. Take security requirements and develop the required program/ operation to support the task or requirement. Collaborate with DoD, IC and Federal Agency department colleagues, to review and research data to assist in providing responses in accordance with findings. Conduct quality assurance on products, documents, deliverables and correspondence prior to release to customer. Prepares and delivers briefings to internal and external Senior level customers.
- Provide technical security expertise in one or more of the following security disciplines: personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations.
- Utilize security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Monitor and manage security programs and provides status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Develop solutions, and convey to internal and external customers.
- Provide agency level technical expertise concerning the identified security disciplines.
- Provide security guidance to contractors using DoD and IC regulations and requirements – analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Prepare cost analyses for security projects.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
- Prepare and disseminate security procedures/guidance.
- Investigate and prepare impact statements, and provide recommendations on security/security violations.
- Provide guidance as required in implementing security requirements.
- Manage project milestones.
- Develop life cycle plans to support funding issues.
- Update and maintain appropriate records (e.g. database and hardcopy) of security actions.
- Conduct inspections and performs assistance visits, as required
- Liaise with members of the DoD, the IC and other officials as required to keep abreast of current personnel.
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information.
- Prepare both SCI and collateral materials for shipment to other agencies/sites IAW applicable security handling procedures.
- Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractor visiting other government facilities.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Risk management - conducts surveys and render impact statements or recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to internal and external customers Prepares various forms of correspondence.
- Develop the required program/operation to support tasks/requirements.
- Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Graduate of the advanced Technical Course
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Years of experience: >6 years within DoD/IC and
- Must have the ability to travel
- Advance Technical Course
- DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification
- Advanced Planner Course
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.