The Systems Security Engineer will be a member of a leading edge, dynamic technical program - NEWTTON. This program is a small development program in Washington DC with Agile Development and migration to the cloud. This development program is a workflow tool to engage linguists for the Intelligence Community.
The Systems Security Engineer ensures security controls are in place and operational, supports the execution of scans and security related tests and manages security logs. The Systems Security Engineer ensure that all required security patches are applied and all application components are updated. This position requires coordination with the government and other security organizations as required based on the hosting configurations. The Systems Security Engineer will also support the achievement of certification and accreditation (C&A) for the system all future recertification.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to software developers for security related development and engineering tasks
- Formulate and develop security related documentation
- Identify security control requirements
- Maintain system security configuration
- Plan code scanning to identify vulnerabilities
- Support Achievement of Authority to Test (ATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO)
- BS/BA Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, System Administration, Cyber Security)
- Cleared at the Top Secret level with the ability to pass a polygraph
- Eight or more years of experience performing highly complex software engineering activities using "state-of-the-art" software engineering concepts and software techniques
- Five or more years of information assurance and cyber security engineering experience
- Strong communication skills
- Can work independently of direct supervision
- Experience with migration and operation of systems to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- A professional background in Systems Engineering / Cloud Architecture / Software Development
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Security+ Certification
- CISSP Certification
- AWS Certification
- SAFe Scaled Agilist Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.