The NISC III program is seeking a Labor Relations Specialist. The selected individual will Assist Labor & Employee Relations (LER) in the rationalization of the Agency’s bargaining unit structures. Support and advise LER specialists on the proper analysis, advice, and case-handling procedures for representation matters. Instruct the Executive leadership on impacted lines of business regarding representations issues, and provided the advice regarding viable options for successful resolution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide legal and strategic analysis of alternative bargaining unit structures available to AFN
- Support formulation of legal strategies
- Assist in developing an Agency position for achieving the bargaining unit objectives selected by AFN executive leadership
- Advocate the Agency position in AFN-related representation petitions and ensuing litigation before the Federal Labor Relations Authority
- Assist in evaluating representation case issues presented
- Provide support to develop an Agency position consistent with the objectives identified by the LOB
- Assist with filing petitions
- Provide assistance to LR Specialists in preparation of representation hearings
- Assist with writing post-hearing briefs that will effectively articulate the Agency’s position
- Assist with writing exceptions to FLRA decisions and orders if necessary
- Act as the Agency’s observer at representation elections
- Perform any other support tasks necessary to effectively resolve any representation case handling issues impacting the Agency
- Develop and provide training to LER specialists as directed
- Provide guidance in developing industry best practices, policies and procedures to assist the organization in optimizing performance
- Provide a range of evaluation, certification analysis, research and other program support services including participating on special group task forces to provide expertise regarding certifications updates, and strategy for organizational re-alignment that would serve to increase representational efficiency and decrease bargaining unit fracture.
- Provide professional opinions and recommendations, and develop case theories to obtain Agency objectives for case resolution
- Provide analytical support, assistance, and guidance to managers, team leads, and LR specialists in the procedures for representational case handling resolutions
- Provide support and expertise in representational case handling by LR Specialists
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Labor Relations, Human Resource Management, or any business related field
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in independently handling large-scale and complex representation issues
- A minimum of 12 years of experience training other labor relations specialists on the skills and procedures necessary to be able to independently handle large-scale, complex representation issues
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.