The Leidos Advanced Solutions Group Leidos is seeking an Senior Open Source Analyst to provide monitoring and analysis of open source and social media data. Our analysts work closely with our customers and an internal team of software developers and data scientists to solve new and emerging challenges. This position will conduct analysis, provide assessments and examine public unstructured data sets. Based at USNORTHCOM in Colorado Springs, CO, you will conduct strategic, tactical, and operational analysis of various publicly available data sources and unconventional deep and dark web sources with the purpose of assessing potential threats and opportunities to our customers’ interests. Additionally you will be responsible for seeking improvement in methodologies used and creating new solutions - based on subject matter expertise in order to identify areas of operational efficiencies for the open source intelligence program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to requests for information (RFIs) from customers by collecting data, analyzing results, and publishing detailed written reports.
- Define requirements for enhancement to collection and analytics platform, and participate in acceptance testing.
Must have these skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 6 years of experience as an intelligence analyst or data collector
- Must be a US Citizen with a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with open source research, including social media and big data exploitation
- Significant experience with Boolean logic, natural language processing, social media analytics, data correlation, and data visualizations
- Proven experience with statistical data mining techniques
- Ability to script analyses and write algorithms to partially automate tasks
- Ability to write reports, format and populate dashboards, and provide context to data
- Ability to work one-on-one and as a contributor to a team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Spoken or written fluency in a language other than English
- Proven experience with software development techniques
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability is desired. We are seeking individuals with a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Individual must be motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems security engineering and software development related issues.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.