At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Mechanical Engineer will support C4ISR prototyping efforts to design and fabricate communications components to be used in complex systems such as military shelters, aircraft, and ground vehicles. The candidate will interface with the project team, to include CAD designers and technicians, throughout the design process. This is a part time/as needed position located at Aberdeen, PA.
- Performs fundamental engineering duties in preliminary designs, to include performing tests, taking measurements and performing systems analyses and/or simulations.
- Applies standard engineering practices and techniques in engineering assignments and prepares data and documentation.
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies evaluates and tests a variety of mechanical equipment and systems/subsystems.
- Provides guidance on material purchasing to support fabrication and systems integration efforts
- Develops and revises CAD
- designs for development of products
- Instructs mechanical integrators as required.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related scientific/technical discipline with 4-8 years’ experience
- Experience related to design, development and production of military C4ISR equipment
- Must possess the technical background and skills to perform in all phases of hardware design, development and documentation
- Must possess the ability to prepare and revise CAD/CAM drawings/models of unusual, complex, or original designs with a high degree of precision
- Must possess the technical expertise to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- U.S. Citizen/Active Secret Clearance
- The ability to anticipate and resolve problems in manufacturing, assembly, installation and operation during the design process.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:12
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.