As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Stash-Git/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Perform automated testing of code
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- AAS degree in Computer Science or related subject matter and less than 2 years experience; additional experience can be substituted in lieu of education; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Familiar with front-end technology trends with solid understanding/experience of popular front-end frameworks like ReactJS, Angular, etc.
- Familiar with front-end unit testing tools like Jasmine and Mocha.
- Familiar with frontend development environments and toolsets like Grunt/Gulp, Bower, Yeoman.
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizenship is required for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Specialist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.