Be part of the winning Leidos team and use your valued experience to support the Global Combat Support Systems with the U.S. Marine Corp (GCSS-MC). This is an exciting opportunity for a GCSS-MC Operations Center (GOC) Manager located at Quantico, VA.
GOC Manager for the pending award of the Global Combat Support System - Marine Corps (GCSS-MC) Post Deployment Sustainment Support (PDSS) program. This is a key leadership position over a target new business opportunity with the Marine Corps. The program is expected to be awarded imminently. The position will be focused on program startup and execution of an approximate $20M a year program with a new Marine Corp customer. Key elements of the program:
- Manage and sustain all GCSS-MC systems including hardware, software, warranties and licenses.
- Program is comprised of Oracle E-Business Suite and Marine Corps logistics functions
- Sustainment focus areas: Core Sustainment, Technology Refresh; Fixes/ECPs; Improvements
The GCSS-MC PDSS program provides Combat Service Support functionality for maintenance, supply request, order management, and task organization, in an enterprise shared data environment supporting garrison and deployed operations. There are ~22,000 Marine Corps users’ accounts active from over 75 locations worldwide with over 4,000,000 transactions per day operating 24/7. The Oracle Enterprise Business Suite (EBS) is the prime software and, although COTS based, contains over 300 system unique modifications to meet the USMC requirements. GCSS-MC is a software intensive system which uses of software development and sustainment best practices.
This position will report directly to the Operations and Support Lead.
The GOC Manager is responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations.
- Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Works to convince others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
- ITILv3 Practitioner.
- Experience in the operations and support on Oracle EBS programs.
- Experience with operational and technical requirements similar to GCSS-MC/LCM Increment 1 PDSS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.