Leidos is looking for an Enterprise IT Ops Manager to manage Enterprise IT and Information Services, including Application Development, Data and Information Management, Content Management, and Business Application Support. The Enterprise IT Ops Manager will lead the introduction of SecDevOps practices into a legacy application development and IT Operations environment, to include automation. The role is responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical elements of these scope areas.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level. Prefer active DOE Q or Top Secret clearance.
- Manage ~50 IT operations staff at all levels.
- Transforming existing culture into a functioning DevOps environment.
- Overseeing diverse functions including Data and Information Management and Content Management
- Apply SAFe / Agile practices to transform Application Development
- Oversee support for Business Applications and work closely with customers to understand their mission
- Demonstrate the usage of CI/CD pipelines and applications to managers and developers as needed to introduce automated build techniques and integrate new teams into the environment.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking IT project progress.
- Manage and coordinate urgent and escalated support issues.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Drive continuous service improvement and innovation.
- Provide leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, and direct Enterprise IT and Information Services.
- Lead staffing actions, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with Leidos and customer leadership regarding pertinent IT activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Generally requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working in information technology focused on IT Operations
- Experience in both application development and infrastructure best practices, collaboration, and automation tools.
- 5+ years of experience with Agile Development, Scrum Project Management, and Lean Principles.
- 2+ years implementing DevOps practices in a federal government IT environment.
- Experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff of various labor categories and skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate professionally, effectively explain complex information, and document according to standards.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Active TOP SECRET clearance
- Related industry-recognized certifications, including Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Knowledge and experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) DevOps environment and toolset, including the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of this environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.