Leidos has a career opening for a Sustainment Analysis Services (SAS) Chief Engineer located in Gaithersburg, MD.
The SAS Chief Engineer will support the Program office and Technical Leadership team in providing oversight, guidance, and technical management to SAS Program. The SAS CE will be interfacing with NGA Customers and Leidos team at different locations.
• Support SAS Technical Management and Software Development activities:
- Support Daily/Weekly meetings related to software development, Systems Engineering, Test & Integration and Maintenance Test Environment.
- Provide technical guidance for all systems maintained by SAS program.
- Provide technical inputs for Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and monthly Program Management Reviews.
- Provide technical reviews for selecting competent staffs for SAS program.
• Identify and mitigate program risks, and implement technical activities to drive program growth.
• Support critical captures and strategic actions within the Global Security Solutions Division.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 + years of experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience OR; 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI with ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph post hire
- Ability to work with government customers and product owners to understand their needs and requirements, how they fit into the capacity and sustainment model of the SAS program.
- Ability to research and solve complex problems.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- NGA domain a knowledge with imagery analysis, geospatial analysis, and COTS integration.
- Ability to manage complexity and priorities with many systems (12+) with issues and complex problems and understand priorities and customer/mission needs.
- A strong leader who can lead a team of ~10-12 systems engineers across a span of 12+ systems
- Proven written and oral communications skills targeted at all levels of an organization.
- Strategic planning, looking ahead to the retirement and future posture of capabilities on the SAS program, and driving progress in that direction.
- Expertise in one or more areas of relevant technical focus including Cybersecurity, Technical Analysis, Software Development, Data Science and Engineering, Systems Integration, and Systems Engineering
- Experience supporting business development and capture activities including responding to RFIs, RFPs, and other customer acquisition requests.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with migration to Cloud (AWS).
- Experience with JIRA to manage issues and planning activities.
- Experience with Confluence.
- Experience with Systems Architecture & Design.
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Windows Server, or UNIX.
- Experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V.
- At least one nationally recognized technical certification in the area of Systems Engineering
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.