Leidos Engineering is seeking a Distribution Planning and Analysis Engineer to join our team distribution planning team in our Hendersonville TN office. It is expected that this role will involve the execution of distribution planning, DER impact studies, arc flash and coordination studies, as project and client needs dictate. Studies are conducted for Municipal Utilities, Investor Owned Utilities, and electric system cooperatives. The position will involve client facing work, with some business development activities to be expected. The growth potential of this position is significant for the right candidate.
The preferred candidate would possess solid analytical distribution experience, including load flow for both traditional planning studies and for studies driven by regulatory compliance requirements including the evaluation of Distributed Energy Resources. Familiarity and experience with distribution policy and regulatory issues is also considered a plus, including experience with arc flash assessments.
• Typically requires BS in Electrical Engineering and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must have experience functioning in a technical role in distribution studies and capable of conducting and quality checking studies. Must have project management and client management experience.
• Experience with ETAP, EasyPower, DNV GL’s Synergi, Milsoft’s WindMil, or Cyme’s Cymdist required; Siemens PTI’s PSS/E or GE Concordia’s PSLF,. EMTP or PSCAD experience is a plus. ASPEN OneLiner or Electrocon’s CAPE software experience also a plus.
• Must possess strong communication skills, including listening, writing, and presentation skills.
• Must be a team player, able to work collaboratively with many different people with diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.